Anything about Sports

This site is dedicated to anything that is currently happening in sports, or to anything we feel like talking about.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Raindrops on roses



and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things
When the dog bitesWhen the bee stings
When I'm feeling sadI simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

I have been posting about things I hate recently so I figure I should post about things that I like. The only reason I am doing this is because The Office comes on tonight and that makes me happy.

I like sports. A lot of things about sports frustrate me but I still like them. It is all I did and cared about growing up and things aren't that much different now. I no longer have the ability to play sports but I love to watch them, talk about them, blog about them and do just about anything else that has to do with them.

I like Alabama football. My dad is a Bama fan so I have been since birth. Things have been hard over the last few years but I still like nothing better on a Saturday afternoon than cheering for the Crimson Tide. Nothing puts that feeling in my stomach like the words, "The 3rd Saturday in October" or "The Iron Bowl."

I like the Titans. Again things have been down recently but I still spend 3 hours every Sunday, except this one because it is the bye week, watching the Titans. I like that the Titans drafted VY. I think he is going to be a star in the NFL and, if nothing else, he is a lot of fun to watch.

I like Music City Miracles. I am not sure how many people read it besides my dad and DonFrancisco but I still enjoy "blogging" about the team everyday. It makes me feel that I have a little extra stake in the team.

I like the Cubs. Based on my choices of sports teams you can see why I am so angry. Baseball is my favorite of all the sports and I will support the Cubs in a year like 2003 or a year like 2006. I will sit down and watch every minute of every game when I get the chance and cheer for them even if they are 20.5 games behind the Cardinals, whom I hate. (sorry still a little angry)

Tonight I love the Mets. I am happy every year when the Cardinals are at home and I know that I am not going to have to listen to a couple of annoying Cardinal fans that I play softball with brag about how good the Cards are. LET'S GO METS!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
    quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
    different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
    a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home